Wednesday, June 20, 2007

summer

You Should Spend Your Summer at the Beach
You're a free spirit who is always thinking of new ways to have fun.And you don't just love summer... you live for it.So, you really should blow off your responsibilities and head to the beach!



Happy summer solstice :)
It's almost the last day of school as well, and by the tingling in my toes, butterflies in my tummy anticipation you would think i was the kid! But i can so vividly remember that feeling. FREEDOM! And, looking back, summer was always good to me. It wasn't like Christmas, built up to be so much bigger and better in my mind. Nope, summers for me were exactly as i hoped they would be. Swimming and sleeping in and Popsicles and riding my bike to the 7-11 for my moms cigarettes. Okay, so the last one is horrible and in hindsight i cannot even imagine what my mom was thinking, but with the change i could pick out anything i wanted, which was always taffy that would melt in my pocket on the way home and be melty and yummy and oh so good. To this day taffy says summer to me.
I can't say that i see the same excitement in my kids face that i remember feeling as a child, and i don't doubt that it's because these days summer break comes complete with workbook's to fill out, reading lists to read, helmets to wear, and sex offenders down the street to watch out for.
So, while i can't say that i would ever send my kids to the 7-11 for anything, let alone cigarettes, i am kinda sad they won't get the chance.

No comments:

Stop Global Warming